
The school that Wyatt goes to has a weekly Mass that the whole student body attends. Each week a different class does the readings, responsorial psalms, intentions and gift-bearing. This was the second time that Wyatt was picked to do a reading. Mrs. Rysso sends home the reading a week ahead of time so that we can practice at home, which we do. Wyatt has a tendency to fidget and rock back and forth. The kid is always moving. So, when we practice I am telling him, "Stand Still. Speak Clearly. Louder." because he also has a tendency to mumble. He was getting so frustrated that Todd and I backed off of him.
Yesterday, Wyatt went up to the microphone and BELTED out his reading. His dad and I just looked at each other and kind of giggled because he definitely spoke loudly and clearly. I looked at Todd and said, "well, he's got that covered." He did wonderfully, though. He was a teensy bit louder than he should have been, but spoke so clearly it was easy to hear him from the back of the church.
I am so proud of that big, little guy. I should have had faith that he would do well since he has already done it. I, unfortunately, projected my own nervousness onto him which is a stress that my sensitive guy does not need. It is something I am really aware of and am trying to work on.
1 comment:
could you give him some STOP growth stuff please...
Post a Comment