You asked for it, you got it. I'm going to do a daily pictorial and try to remember what we did that day. They all seem to be blending together right now because of how busy we were. While Disney may be known as the happiest, most magical place on Earth, it is also the most exhausting and overwhelming.LOL
As I posted before we left, Henry spiked a fever and was completely miserable. I had also found out that there was a kid in his swim class that had strep dx'd earlier in the week, so I called our doctor and he prescribed abx for him which we started right away. Bernard also told us to go and enjoy the trip even if it meant Advil and Tylenol the whole time. Reluctantly, we went with me having a panic attack the entire way to Florida. I'm not kidding. Heart racing, nauseated, chills. Major anxiety.
But, the flight went great, Hank took a little nap--where his fever broke, never to return-- and we reached our destination, The Polynesian Resort. We got to the hotel and were immediately lei'd the minute we arrived.
Here is a picture of LC wearing all of them while I was checking us in:
And one of Henry in the beautiful lobby:
Here is a pic of the "towel art" that greeted us in our room when we arrived:
As I said earlier, we stayed at The Polynesian, which is one of the prettiest resorts I've stayed at, and probably the most conveniently located of all WDW resorts. We were able to take the monorail to both Magic Kingdom and Epcot and the bus stop was only a 5 minute walk from our room to get to Hollywood Studios and Animal Kingdom.
Here is a picture of our longhouse, Tokelau:
We had a Princess Dinner reservation for that night so, off we headed to dinner after a couple of hours at the volcano pool and its water slide which I, unfortunately don't have a picture of. The boys loved that water slide, though. It was tough to tear them away from it, especially since it was to just go meet Cinderella.
Speaking of which, Here is LC meeting her for the first time:
LC didn't care for Lady Tremaine, though, She was trying to get as far away from her while in my arms:
But, Drucilla and Anastasia were on their best behavior and even complimented LC on her dress and bow, and even tried to win over Wyatt:
Henry wasn't feeling the love, so avoided all pictures with the Cinderella family, but did pose for a picture on the Monorail on the way back home:
And Heather, just for you, I had Todd take some pictures of a bride at her wedding at The Grand Floridian. Her dress and flowers were gorgeous:
And that concludes Day 1. Only 7 more to go which I will cover more tomorrow...
1 comment:
waiting patiently .....it is hard to do
the boys loved looking for the towel art everyday
glad that Henry took no time to recover
Post a Comment