Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Forget Cell phones. Ban the kids...

So, today we are on out way home from a playdate at a park and the kids ask to listen to my Ipod. Wyatt asked first for his song, but then Henry piped up that he wanted "Lauren's song"--note, the kids have favorite songs. Wyatt's is Thanks for the Memoriesby Fallout Boy and LC's is Girlfriendby Avril Lavigne. Don't ask.

As I am listening to them bicker and trying to find the songs, I come to a stop at a stop light and then proceed on as if it was a stop sign. *sigh* "Ummm, Mommy. That light was red," Wyatt pointed out. CRAP!! I blew the red light. Well, not really blew it as much as disregarded it. Ughhh. I found the song and then said, "that's it. No more fighting about Ipod songs."

I swear...legislators want to ban cell phones and make it illegal to talk on them while driving. WHAT ABOUT THE KIDS?--yes I am shrieking--They are so much more distracting to me than anything else in the car and I suck at tuning them out or ignoring requests..."Mommy, I dropped my plane." "Mommy, sippy cup. JUICE." "Mommy, can I have #4 of the Cars Cd playing?" I'm just lucky the little buggers haven't ever told on me. Nope. I admitted to Todd myself that I was a law breaker today. He threatened to get me a chauffeur.

I'd rather have a cleaning lady.

1 comment:

Debi said...

I am calling your mom and dad...that is it you are out of control...and you the daughter of law abiding police officers...be ashamed..


now really...it does suck doesn't it. I am glad that you are all OK and that nothing more happened from "THE INCIDENT". Wyatt thanks for keeping mom on the even keel..someone has to keep her in line.