Wyatt informed me the other day that it has been three months since I updated the blog. To say we have been very busy is an understatement. In that time we have had two birthdays, 4 swim meets, swim practice almost every day, volunteering at the school twice a week, a night of African dancing, Easter, and and and....Phew. It has been cuh-ray-ZEE!
Wyatt joined the swim team back in November and absolutely loves it and is doing really, really well. All of those years that I pushed swimming lessons on him have really paid off. He had his first meet in January and the Beehive State Finale was 3 weeks ago and he qualified for 3 events--the 50 freestyle, 50 breast stroke, 100 breast stroke. He came in 2nd and 3rd in each of the breast events. He missed qualifying for the Junior Olympics by 4 seconds, so we are hopeful he'll make it next year!
We're so proud of him and are looking forward to after this Summer when Henry can join the team. Henry has beautiful strokes in regards to his technique but just needs a little boost with the stamina. I think after lessons in July, he will be good to go.
Henry and Lauren have been busy with schoolwork and ski lessons. We signed them up for the after school program at Wolf Mountain and they went every Wednesday for 5 weeks. They absolutely loved it. Unfortunately, Utah had such an awful Winter this year that the mountain closed the day after there lessons were done, so they weren't really able to put their new found skills to use. But, there is always next year and since I learned to ski, too, we can make it a family affair.
Yes, you read that correctly. I learned how to ski, too. I, who has always sworn I never would because I hate the cold, decided to overcome a fear of looking like a fool while doing bodily harm and took lessons to learn how to throw myself down a mountain on two thin boards that have been waxed for maximum speed. And I had the bruises to prove it. I even drove over a mountain to get to the lessons, which is another huge achievement for me. And surprise of all surprises, I actually enjoyed it. Now before I feel overly confident, I have to admit that while I mastered the bunny hill, blues still scare me. The poor Mormons were educated on a couple of choice expressions as I fell in the exact same spot on two different runs down what Forrest calls "an easy blue". Easy, my ass (which may have been one of the lines thrown out as I was sliding down the hill). It was fun, though, and I know I will be better next year.
Spring pictures were also taken, and while I didn't order any, I did snap my own before they left for school.
And finally, Easter was yesterday and the kids loved their loot. Lauren got a Cubs t-shirt for our trip back to Chicago this Summer and the kids' very first Cubs game at Wrigley Field; Henry got two Angry Birds Space t-shirts because he loves the game; Wyatt received a "When I swim, I FLY" t-shirt as well as an iTunes gift card. Not to mention all of the candy they will rot their teeth out with.
So, that about does it, I think. School is out next month and we have a very busy Summer ahead of us, so I am hoping to be better about updating the blog so that I can keep up.



1 comment:
I am soooo glad you updated the blog, way to go Wyatt!! I thought Wyatt has grown but Henry has done a lot of changing as well. Lauren looks the same but taller. It has been a year since we have seen them. Where has the time gone. Deb's I remember the first time we ever went skiing. You looked natural out there. Love you
Nana & Papa
Post a Comment