Saturday, January 14, 2012

Good-bye 2011, Hello 2012...

In last year's New Year's post, I hoped that 2011 would be a better year than what 2009 and 2010 were.  Less stressful, more enjoyment, more peace.  For the most part, it was.  There was definitely more enjoyment and peace, but it still had an element of stress to it, but not of the caliber of previous years.

In retrospect, 2011 was a year of learning.  Lauren learned how to read, chapter books, specifically; Henry learned how to manage his emotions through OT; Wyatt learned that he is a really good swimmer by joining the swim team.  It is a joy to watch them grow and conquer challenges.  Even though it is hard to watch them struggle, I know that it is good for them to rise up and meet them head on.

For Forrest,  holy cow was 2011 an educational year for him!  He did 2 years worth of college work in one year and earned his Bachelor's of Science in Business Management.  He proved that it is never too late to go back to school and finish what you started and that hard work pays off in dividends.  He did it while working full-time and still being available for me and the kids.  We are so, so proud of him.  This opens up so many doors for him to be able to do what he really wants to do.

2011, for me, was a year to learn how to be comfortable in my own skin.  To have the confidence that I have always wished I could have.  I have come to the realization that I really don't give two hoots over what others think of me and because of that I have learned that I am a really good person--likeable, honest, loyal, loving.  I have come to understand that appearances don't matter and the masks you put on are more exhausting to wear than just accepting who you are.  I am a good mom and a freaking awesome wife. *winks at Forrest*  I am grateful that I have finally reached this place in my life.  The contentment it brings is priceless.

I knew at the beginning of 2011, there were only good things to come and I was, thankfully, right. So, here's to an even better 2012. 

1 comment:

Mom & Dad said...

It is always hard to watch your children learn new things without the trial and error but everyone gets through it.

Kudos to Todd for all his hard work and accomplishments, we are proud of him!!

WE always knew you were a great wife and mother, I'm so glad you realize it too.

Love,
Mom & Dad