Monday, September 27, 2010

Monday Blurts

There is really nothing new going on except for the house being torn up because we are painting/remodeling/redecorating. So, I thought that I would just post some random things that have popped into my head or little things that have been said that I find funny.

*I just put LC on the bus for the very first time. Another Kindergartener's mom called and said that the kids in our neighborhood who are afternoon Kindy are able to take the bus to school, so I put Lauren on it and off she went. She was soooooo excited.

*Last week we passed a Wendy's and Lauren blurts out that she "hates Wendy's because they have bad toys." I informed her that when I was a kid, our meals didn't even come with toys. Enter Henry who says, "Yeah Mom, but that was like the 1980's!" Todd and I just looked at each other and busted out laughing. Who knew that the 1980's were the stone-ages?LOL

*Picking out colors for the walls of your home is a very daunting task. #1paint is expensive, AND #2 painting is a pain so you want to get it right the first time.

*Holy Mary, the sun is hot out here. We don't have anymore window treatments on the windows so the sun coming in makes the house feel like a sauna. It doesn't help that we have been in the 90's for the last 2 weeks with another week of it to go. Last year at this time, we had our first snow flurries.

*I love Lowe's and Home Depot. Love. Them. I could spend hours in there looking at faucets and doors and appliances and window treatments and light fixtures and flooring and...It is so much fun to be able to make plans for the house and know that we can carry them through and make this home our own, finally.

*My stress level is almost at a zero these past few weeks. The pain in my chest is gone, my heart has stopped palpitating constantly and the knot in my stomach has disappeared. Most importantly, my hair stopped falling out. It is amazing what anxiety can do to a body. It is nice to be able to breathe.

*I was reminded once again this past weekend, how short life is and how we should never take anything for granted. A very special family is going through a very hard time right now. I hope they know that we are thinking of them and praying that peace is theirs. We love you all.

No comments: