It has been brought to my attention that I haven't updated lately on how our lives are going out here in Utah.
So far, so good. LOL
We were here a week and then Todd had to leave fore a conference in San Diego. So, I was back on my own with the kids trying to find our way around a new city/state. But! I was able to successfully. And I can honestly say that I LOVE the town that Todd picked out for us to live in. We are sooooo close to everything, but yet, it's not congested, AT ALL! I took the kids to our local movie theater 5 minutes up the road to see ICE AGE 3 and the prices were actually affordable...4 dollars for the kids and $5 for me. Popcorn was only $2!!! Gotta love the Mormons and their trying to make everything family friendly.LOL We also went to the NORTH SHORE AQUATIC PARK, which is an awesome water park literally only 3 minutes away from our house. You are allowed to bring in your own coolers/snacks and the area around the pool is huge so it doesn't feel crowded like the water parks back home.
The kids have also made some friends in the neighborhood. One of our neighbors watches her grandkids everyday, so she stopped by with a plate of muffins and introduced them to my kids. I haven't seen them since.LOL Seriously, though...the kids go back and forth between the houses all day long and are having a great time. I did have to set some ground rules, though, because Henry and LC thought that they could just leave the house whenever they wanted without telling me, so I had to put the kibosh on it pretty quickly. I can't become completely unoverprotective overnight, for cry-eyed.
Todd came back on Sunday, so this weekend we have plans to do the waterpark with him on Saturday since it is a community "free day" and then hiking in SECRET LAKE which is supposed to be in full bloom of wild flowers since it is only Spring time up there. I can't wait.
The weather up here is so unbelievable. I absolutely love it. I turn the air on at about 11:00 in the AM and turn it off and open the windows at about 7:00pm. The lack of humidity is to die for and my hair is especially loving this weather. I have never had so many good-hair days in my entire life. It does get really hot, but it is nothing like the wall of stickiness that is IL weather.
Wyatt, the other day, declared that he loved living here and Henry and LC agreed with him, so that is all that matters to me. As long as they are happy and feel secure, I can be happy. I registered them for school last week and found out that there are 4 classes in each grade, which is a huge change for them from the tiny school they came from. Wyatt seems excited about being in a school that size, so I am feeling less anxious about it. LC is registered for preschool at the "local" Catholic church. And by local, I mean ten minutes away in the next town over because Catholic churches, let alone schools, are few and far between out here. They all start on August 24th, so the countdown begins.
All-in-all, it's been an extremely positive experience. I love the town, love my house, and love the neighborhood. Let's hope the honeymoon phase continues....
2 comments:
this is what the kids needed all along...a booming neighborhood with fun when ever they need it.
I am glad things are SOOOO positive. Hugs to all
I'm so glad things are going so well. It almost makes me want to move to Utah. Almost. ;o)
Post a Comment