Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Foiled, again...

So, I bake cookies every year for X-mas; usually, about 4 or 5 different kinds. This year, since my goal weight is within sight, and the fact that my sister was just dx as a diabetic, I called a moratorium on them, much to my kids' disappointment. I was only going to do a limited amount of the one kind that they all like--my X-mas pretzels.

Today, my girlfriend Karen called to let me know that she has planned--you guessed it-- a cookie exchange. Grrrrr. There is no way that I can bow out or not bring any without looking like either A) a scrooge or B)a total slacker. And she planned it for Monday! 5 days from now! Two of which I work! Ughhhh!!!!!!

You'll know where to find me on Sunday. *sigh*

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Can i ask which sister? And yay about your goal weight! I'll just say you were RIGHT about the thyroid meds...i've swung completely hypo Blech & well...but i finally got into the new ENDO intown for Tuesday!!! YAY!

So you really only have to make ONE kind of cookie for a cookie exchange right? And then you bring home some of ALL the kinds? Gosh it's been awhile since i've done a cookie exchange! LOL! I'm dipping pretzels in chocolate tonight if i can get get my arms to stop twitching (seriously i hate my thyroid) for Noah's class for snack tomorrow....

p.s. check your email..

Debbie said...

Del, Kim was just diagnosed and my dad is also one, so I think the countdown is on until I am so I am doing everything I can to prevent it or at least delay it. If I don't help myself, no one will.

As for the cookie exchange...There are 8 of us so I was told to bring 7 dozen cookies to divide between everyone. I think. She wasn't very clear. It could have been a 1/2 dozen each, but whatever, I can't just make one type. So, I'm not sure what I'm going to do. Except bake. All day Sunday. Because I have OCD.