Thursday, September 18, 2008

How it went...

My first day back to work could not have gone better. It went very smoothly and I felt so comfortable that it was like I had never left. I don't know if it's just a honeymoon phase, but I really enjoyed it and think it's going to go well. I had a few old patients that came in and that called and they were all excited to hear I was back so, that added to the feeling that I was in the right place.

LC also did just fine. Too fine, in fact. I met my girlfriend at the kids' school to grab LC before pick-up time and LC pushed me away, started crying and stated that she wanted to stay with Cal--my girlfriend's son who is her age and in her class. Although I was a little shocked at her not being ecstatic to see me, I was so happy to know that she had a good time. Obviously her adjustment to my working will go quicker for her than it will for me.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad that all went well and is working out smoothly...

Debi

ehscham said...

I'm not surprised everything went OK Kids adapt well and Lauren is no exception. When you got home I'm sure it was as if you had never gone into work, except for the satisfaction that you can do both and not feel guilty about one or the other suffering. All will go well in the Decker household. Love Mom