Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Pink eye and potty training...

That's been my last two weeks. How's yours been? Let me tell you, if I was ever to make the decision to never have another child it would have been last week when in the midst of trying to teach LC to use the potty, both boys came down with conjunctivitis. Wyatt's eye had been a little red for a few days but they get like that when his allergies are bad. Henry, however, doesn't suffer from them like Wyatt does so I was very alarmed when his eyes became flaming red, swollen and goopy one day last week. Off to the doctor we went and they were RX'd sulfa eye drops and ordered out of school for 2 days. Wyatt's eye cleared up almost immediately but Henry's only became much better last night after 6 days on the meds. I'm beginning to think that both boys had allergic conjunctivitis and didn't need the meds. *sigh* Oh, well. At least they have now calmed down and don't fight me while having the eye drops done.

LC is doing fabulous with the potty and for the first time in 8 years straight, we are a diaper-free household. I'm so excited about this, I don't even know what to do with myself. She's even learned how to do it a full six months before her brothers ever did. She must be brilliant. *snort*

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

WOO-HOO! on the potty training..she's not even 3 yet!!! I'm hoping Rachel is ready at 2 LOL! (sarah was...) Those poor boys!! At least they're feeling better now.
Hey...call me sometime. not today..i'm busy :) but tomorrow? We could discuss LOST...& chat...& catch up...

Debbie said...

Will do!!! Did you rewatch last season's finale? I have to do that today. I can NOT wait for tonight!

Anonymous said...

PINK EYE..yuck...and I am allergic to sulfa drugs so I would not have been a happy mommy...

diaper free means more spending money for mama.. I loved that Griffin was PT so early...and no diapers is sooo nice...YEAH LC