Saturday, July 3, 2010

One year ago...

One year ago today, we arrived in Utah for the biggest life-changing event I have ever experienced. Bigger than having kids, in fact. I never thought that I would ever leave IL. I never wanted to leave IL. It was where I grew up, got married, raised my kids and had the best memories of. And then things took a turn and we decided that a move across country was going to be the best thing for our family.

So, Utah it was.

I was terrified of leaving everything and everyone I had ever known and moving to an area of the country I had never even seen. To a state I had no desire to ever visit. I was nervous about how we would all adapt. I was panicked over having to put the kids in a large public school-something I had absolutely no experience with. Would they make friends, especially since we aren't LDS? Would I be able to find my way around, especially since I am not comfortable driving in unfamiliar areas? I was worried about too many things to even list.

One year later I can look back and see that I had absolutely nothing to worry about. Moving to UT has been the best thing to have happened to our family. We have never had as much time to spend together as we do here and Forrest isn't stressed out all of the time. We don't have the pressures surrounding us that we had back in IL and it is such a freeing feeling.

Moving was the best thing we could have ever done.

1 comment:

Heather said...

Yes. It was the best thing for you. And you live in a beautiful place!