Saturday, December 12, 2009

I skiied! And survived!

And I actually enjoyed it.

This is a huge feat for me. I was dreading it the whole way up there, but the mountain we went to had a huge deal going an all the kids were taking a lesson, so there was no absolutely no reason for me not to try. I mean...heck, if LC can try, then so can I. Seeing LC doing it actually made me a little verklempt.

I am actually quite proud of myself. I am bound and determined to not let fear rule me anymore and this was a huge step in doing that. And in doing so, I realized that this is something we will be able to do as a family for a long time to come. LC and I just need to get our own skis.

The only bad part is that my whole body hurts. I have never been more physically exhausted. A few more of these lessons and I'll have abs of steel.LOL

Unfortunately, my little camera is broken, so we have no pics. We really need to pick a pocket one up so we can take some pics.

2 comments:

Monica Ramsey said...

I am convinced there is not another sport out there that uses EVERY single muscle to the max. I'm glad you gave it a shot... and I'm sure LC made an adorable little snow bunny!

Debbie said...

I am sore from my toes to to my shoulders.LOL