Sunday, December 27, 2009

Gingerbread Houses

While I am waiting for Forrest to upload the X-mas pictures, I thought I would blog about the gingerbread houses that I made for Henry's class and then went to help decorate.

Last Monday, I got a call from one of the moms about "helping to decorate gingerbread houses." Mom and Dad offered to stay with LC so I called the mom back and told her I would love to help. She then informed me that that was fine, but I needed to make 5 houses for the class by the next day. No asking me if I could. Just telling me to make them and giving me the instructions. WTF? I'm not crafty and you're telling me this the day before you need them??? I just kept telling myself that it's for Henry to keep me from completely panicking. Mom and I got them made, and I have to say that they were the best ones in the class. All the kids were asking for "the big one" which was mine.LOL

Henry loved that I was there with him and loved decorating his.

It was Pajama Party day there, so Henry was comfy-cozy whele he worked hard on his house:

The five houses I made:

4 comments:

della said...

I have to say that's pretty impressive making those houses without the milk carton! they do that every year in 1st grade...1 parent comes in for each kid & we build them from scratch with the carton. I may have to suggest that we build the house portion the night before....

Debbie said...

We did it the milk carton way when Wyatt was in 1st grade. What a pain in the butt!! This way was much, much easier. It only took me and my mom a half hour to make all five.

One idiot mom used hot glue to make hers. Poor kids couldn't even eat it when they were done decorating...only the candy could be eaten.

della said...

LMAO!!!!!!!!! HOT GLUE!?!?!?!

Debbie said...

Can you believe that???? They were ridiculous. And I was worried about how mine turned out.