Monday, September 28, 2009

Running

Almost two years ago, I started working out on an almost daily basis. I bring my computer downstairs and either watch something off of Netflix, or a DVD. I walk at a very rapid pace, sometimes at an incline. I have lost 25 lbs doing this.

Just recently, I have actually been able to get up to a run instead of walking. Go me! I did it for the first time the other day for 15 straight minutes in the middle of my workout, just to see if I could do it. And I did! Yesterday, I did 23 minutes straight after walking for 20 and could have kept going but didn't want to overdo it. Today, I intermittently walked and ran for 50 minutes while watching The Tudors and I have to say, I love it. I never thought I would be able to run for any amount of time, but I have actually achieved it.

Now, I just have to find a babysitter out here so that I can start running 5k's with Todd.

So, yes, it's a shameless brag, but a huge personal achievement for me.:)

3 comments:

della said...

go you!!! My treadmill gets here Wednesday & thursday i start the debbie decker workout. I however will never run...i HATE running. Always have. But YOU have fun with those 5Ks!

Debbie said...

GO DELLA!!!! You're going to do awesome! And just watch! You will see some progress and be even more motivated! I have always hated running, too, and now look at me.

I think in my next life, I'm going to come back as Jillian Michaels.LOL

Dad said...

Way to go Debs. You too Della. Get good shoes!