Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Granny's Visit...

Sylvia came to visit us this last week and it was a really enjoyable visit. We showed her all around our new city and tried to show her as many amazing sites we could in a limited amount of time. I think she enjoyed most of it. All except for the night we drove up Mt. Ogden and then back down. I don't think she saw half of it since she wasn't able to look out the window half the time.LOL

We took her to Antelope island where the buffalo and antelope were out in full force. We were also able to see an incredible sunset while out there. It was setting between two ranges over the Great Salt Lake and I think it is the prettiest one I have ever seen, including any over the ocean we have seen in the past.

We also went to the Ogden Farmer's Market and Rainbow Gardens, where she and I had a few hours to shop to our hearts content without the clamoring of kids saying, "I'm boooored."

The rest of the time was spent talking, laughing, reminiscing, and looking towards the future. She has been very supportive of our move out here and for that we are very grateful. It can't have been easy for her to see her son move away and leave the company she and Todd's dad built, but she has said from the beginning that this is a good thing for us and we are so relieved she feels this way.

I, of course, have pictures from the visit.LOL

An antelope grazing::

Herd of Buffalo:

Mom and baby Buffalo:

The boys enjoying the scenery. How could you not out here?:

Sunset:

Wildflower Garden at the Ogden River Trail:

Admiring the Rose Garden:

Shopping at the Farmer's Market:

She left today but we hope that she can come back soon, maybe when it's just a little cooler so she can experience the mountains snow-capped. I think that's when they are at they're prettiest.

No comments: