Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Christmas Shopping...

I've officially started and it feels good!:) I started a few weeks ago when I ordered LC's first gift. Today, I picked up another one for her and one for Henry. Wyatt has one hiding in the crawl space, as well. I have a list of things to buy, so I am on the hunt every time LC and I are killing time after dropping the boys off but before she can go to school. I then drop her off and then head right back to the store to pick up what I've found. The best thing is the catalogs that are dropped off at my house that let me scout things out before I even leave the house. I swear, it's as much fun looking at the fliers and catalogs now as it was when the big Sears Wish Book showed up at the house.

Today was a trip to Target. The Imaginext Bat Cave was on sale so I grabbed that for the Hankster along with one of the accessories to it. Wyatt got the Lego Batman game for his PS2. Both boys are getting Nintendo DS's with some other games. Unfortunately, the Target near me was out of the Step2 Lifestyle Kitchen for LC, so I had to trek up to Lake Geneva to get it from them and then race home to put it in the crawlspace before I had to rush and pick LC up from school. Me carrying that monster box to the car, maneuvering it into the back, and then getting it into the house, into the basement and into the back of the crawlspace was a workout in and of itself. LC also has a dollhouse waiting for her down there. She is so much easier to shop for than the boys have ever been. There are so many things that I have seen that I know she will love, and I am struggling to come up with stuff for the boys. I am bound and determined to be done with my shopping by December, though.

Wish me luck.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ummm...the Imaginext batcave thing is cheaper at Meijer...it's $32.99 there (I KNOW it's only $3) BUT the action figures (there are 6 of them) are only $4.99 there AND the vehicles are only $8.99 or is it $8?!!! So if you buy EVERYTHING there you end up saving $12-15. Just so ya know. Not that i'm selling the figures or anything. cough cough. But $12-15 is enough for another toy...OH & Meijer's sale is thru this week.

Let me know if you find a smokin deal on the DS. I'm thinking the older 2 are going to get them too...but they've lost a gameboy...

And i have NO trouble finding things for Noah..but Rachel...we have a dollhouse, she got a kitchen for her birthday...she'll get a couple furreal newborns & i have NO idea what else.

Debbie said...

Are you kidding me? For cry-eyed. Now I have to make a return to Target and head to Meijer. I'd buy them from you but then I'd have to pay shipping.LOL Thanks for the tip, though. I'll hit there on Thurs. after I dump LC at school. I now appreciate her being there two days a week. It's so nice being able to X-mas shop without having to sneak things past her.

Todd bought the DS's at Target a few weeks ago when they were $125, but that is the lowest I have seen them. I need to start scoping out games for them...

Have you seen the Disney Princess Barbies at Target? All 7 of them for $60? LC would love them, but Rachel is probably still too little. Now that I think about it, LC was tough last year at 2. She is so much easier to shop for this year at 3. What about a dress up trunk? LC got one last year and loves it still. She got the Disney princess one. There's also the new Little People Palace. Does Rachel like those or do you have too much Little People stuff?

Anonymous said...

you'd have to pay more than shipping from me! LOL! Little People Palace????? Hmmmm....that's not a bad idea! We have TONS of dress up crap. Seriously. I still have MOST of Sarah's old toys!

I SHOULD have traded the 1 gameboy we have in at Gamestop last month when they were taking used gameboys WITH a power cord & you could buy a NEW DS for $80. But i wasn't going to let them get them then. That's what i get for being mean!

Anonymous said...

OH & head to Meijer first before you return...i know my mom was buying batman figures too...but she doesn't hit Meijer that often.

I'd hate for you to return them & then have to go rebuy them...LOL!

Debbie said...

Ok, you goob. I was saying I'd have to pay the cost plus shipping! Why would I do that when I could go myself. I checked Meijer today and they had no decent figures. I'm specifically looking for the Joker one. I have the Helicopter and Meijer didn't even have those. My Meijer sucks.

Anonymous said...

I bought all the ones my Meijer had last week on Monday (the day after they were in the 2 week ad). They only had like 4 or 5 figures...2 vehicles & the batcave. I have gone at least every other day since then...and NOTHING. NOW they are out of ALL batman imaginext except the shaking cars. I asked today finally..yeah, they don't have anymore. My Target only had the blue batman & nothing else. My Toys R Us gets them in more often...but they have 15 (i counted) blue batman, 1 superman & 2 penguins. NO place else is selling them. My mom is in Israel at the moment so check your Toys R Us this week. Mine just got them in yesterday (but no Joker).