Thursday, October 9, 2008

Hospice...

So, I got a phone call a week or so ago from Hospice of Northeastern IL about my resume that I had e-mailed to them. I called them back but didn't hear from them, again. I decided to call one more time and talked tom the girl who had called me last week. She apologized for not getting back to me but said they are doing extensive interviews for managerial positions and wanted to know what kind of hours I was looking for. I told her that I was only looking for part-time-2 to 3 days a week. She said they didn't have that on the normal unit but then went on to ask what my Peds experience was. I explained to her that although I don't have peds hospital experience, I did have extensive experience with Peds in my office. She said that that didn't discount me and then asked for my number and said she would pass my resume on because they are looking for part-time nurses.

Let me say that I have wanted to branch out from office nursing and have felt a pull towards hospice for a very long time. I can't explain it, but I think I would be good at it. But not Peds. Never Peds. I've never wanted Peds let alone terminal Peds cases. I told Todd that if they call, I will go on an interview but even offering me double what I am making now, it would be avery position difficult for me to accept.

So, we'll see.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I think that would be very hard, Deb, but I also think it would allow you to use your gifts and your talents to REALLY comfort and help people. You're such a caring, thoughtful person I think you'd shine at it.

But even after saying that, I don't know if I could do it.