Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Update...

The Hankster is adapting to the top bunk quite nicely and LC is not only sleeping in her big girl bed, but is binky free!!! WOOT! Her crib has also been taken down and stored in the basement and I would be lying if I didn't admit to shedding a couple of tears over the fact that the nursery is now a little girl's room. The only remnant remaining of it ever having a baby sleeping in there are the little bugs stenciled on the walls that were put there before Henry was born (and those will be covered soon, too). Every other item has been removed. No more happy bugs hanging from the ceiling. No more sun, moon or flower smiling down from the walls. Just a blank canvas for a little girl to make it all her own.

*sigh*

Check back here tomorrow for updated pics. The boys curtains are done and the rest of the draperies will be here and hung up in the afternoon. We are still finishing the cabinet for the boys' room but I can't wait to show what I've done. I'm quite proud of myself.

2 comments:

Heather said...

I am sad to hear this as well! I have not known that room without a baby/toddler in it! The end of an era...

Anonymous said...

I helped make that room ...I am so sad for you and for the fun we had doing it...moving on ...growing up...that is what we all wanted in the first place...it is tough but the next step is so welcomed...she is getting so big!!